Thread: Note from the 2nd emergence gathering at The Secret World from Juli 10-12 2009

Lightbulb Note from the 2nd emergence gathering at The Secret World from Juli 10-12 2009

Middle-out.

We were enjoying the summer morning sunshine with a cup of coffee, sitting in front of the Holi ark marquee.

I don't remember the question I asked, but it ended with 'bottum-up' or 'top-down'?

The answer was: 'middle-out'.

So I looked up surprised (always happy to learn something new!) and frowned because I didn't understand.

As a reply, I was asked to come up with some sort of symptom:

I said I was feeling hungry.

It was developed through where, whereabout, size, shape, sound and come from.

So I replied: 'some spirit that tells me to take care of myself'.

Simon smiled at this very quick process the guys stood up to attend to some client.

I went out to buy us a hamburger.

(If a client expresses a sensory experience, this may be the clue to a specific memory, since it is likely to be embodied. Note any non-verbal expression and even measure bloodpressure, temperature, etc. (what happened to the Nexus?).)

Default Middle Out

In my experience of engineering there were two main ways people think about design: top-down, and bottom-up, but very often, middle-out is the way that works most efficiently and practically.

While some people can begin "at the beginning" many of us, IMO, are in the middle of our crisis / problem / focus / goal / work / ... and we begin with the most pressing signal from within this field. The processes that gradually enable the client to gain a perspective that sees the whole, with some distance, work from the middle, outwards.

Corrie, can you recall the context in which you asked that question about "top-down or bottom-up"?

Steven

Welcoming Back!

Great to read of your latest work on the forum!

The concept of top-down and bottom-up within a network structure does seem immaterial when observing the link: http://cealdecote.files.wordpress.co...t_map_1024.jpg

This is an image of the Internet... where is the top / bottom...? Is one node more important than another?

Love and peace as always

Matthew