Thread: What is modelling?

Default What is modelling?

What is modelling?

Hi Phil and the board

In answer to your question, what is Modelling? this is a common question that pops up, in most all NLP related discussions and even though I’m new to Clean language, I have be playing with NLP for just over a decade, and I would like to express my answer to your question, with a demonstration, for my experience with NLP.

Now I’m not going to go through the history of NLP has you can find that in most every NLP book on the planet.

Now I came into NLP because I had some real difficulties with Learning, you know the kind of thing, that I’m talking about, the so called 3 R’s reading righting, rithmetic, well that one way of messing up, how we process language by it’s sound, it’s a bit like, taking a piece of syntax lets say “A man walks into a bar” and constructing some sort of visual Metaphor.

So what come to your mind when you read that “A man walks into a bar” do you see a man walking into a place where he can bye, by, “bay” a drink or do you see him walking into an Ion bar protruding out of some place?

Well what does that have to do with modelling, and again it comes down to a number of quality controls, to be able to model behaviours, ideas, processes, concepts, emotions, and metaphors, etc. you need to have some idea, what your out come might be.

Now there are several types of modelling, you can go and grab a book and do syntax modelling, and you can learn how others construct frames of reference, to there own model of there world.

And it is one of the first steps in modelling and you might have done some sort of transcribing of audio works from others this allows one to create some sort of kinaesthetic memory of language and then if a have a video of some wonderful communicator, you can do something called “DTI” modelling.

DTI or Deep trance Identification, is what Bandler did to learn how Milton did what he did so well, yet I still haven’t answered you question What is modelling?

Modelling is a representation of how, through your own maps and self created ideas, thoughts, concepts, feeling at any give time have constructed, a higher set of understanding form asking questions, and then reflecting your understanding of what others have done, to create there behaviours, that allow them to do what ever they do.

The quality of the questions we ask, help us create our a models that allows us to shine, or it creates limits, to how we live in the world.

We can create a model out of most anything.

Something that I find really funny is this process that helps me get through my days.

Think of something that you might have a little issue with, I’m going to use my fear of “responding to questions” about modelling in this case.

What is modelling? Modelling is the process of building up a series, of steps that allow you or somebody else to learn a new set of skills.

How does modelling work? There’s a is a lot of ground in this question, as they are many levels to consider, and it come down to how much time one what’s to spend, working with any give project.

When could you model a skill or a behaviour, at anytime you want, do you have some idea of what you want to learn, do you know anybody with this skill, if you played this memory in your mind, could you imagine, doing the same skill or behaviour as that other person? And if not could you consider having ago.

Where could I do this modelling? Anywhere as long as your not driving your car, watching TV, at the cinema, as a passenger in a car, in the class room, etc.

Now I know some of you reading this might come to some sort of conclusion about what I’m saying yet if a question is asked and it a general question than the response it going to be a general response and this is what this is.

Getting back to my little process with words and about reframing and also as a model for playing with this question what is modelling?

How would you model this?
    What questions would you ask?
    What outcomes would you like?
    How would know you had a good model?
    What would make this model better?
    If you could take all your leaning’s back in time to a time before you new that you would be asking this type of question, How could this learning help?

If we could take one thing from this reply and apply it in some useful way what part would that be?

And how could we apply it to your question?

What is modelling?

Now there is no right or wrong answer to this question, yet if we apply reflective consciousness to this then we have a whole new set of ways to think about our thinking.

Now I could go on and on. Yet I will not.

If you want to create a good model about modelling then we need to ask questions, and question our questions and the answers, that we get from our inquiry.

This is just one way of saying what modelling is, it much more that what I have said.

The One Jay Budzynski
    If it hurts it's not working