PDA

View Full Version : From the U.S.

webmaven
12 January 2008, 05:55 PM
It was quite a shock finding out that David Grove had died. What a loss for the world. I am very fortunate to have found this forum only one month ago, so I can share my grief at his passing with the rest of the Clean Community. All of your postings have shown so beautifully that David lives on in each of us. I have not seen David for about seven years, but I’m very glad to see that he hasn’t changed much from the last time I saw him and from who he was when we first met fifteen years ago.

I worked with him and his wife Cei extensively at his home/retreat facility in Eldon, Missouri. I remember with great pleasure our sessions on the pontoon boat in the middle of the lake at sunset, in the company of the graceful black-necked swans that he adored. The vast acreage of this retreat gave full scope for his imagination and many wild and crazy ideas, from the home-made “house boat,” to the lake he created where there was once dry land, to the outdoor amphitheatre that he was in the process of making when they decided to sell the place and move on. He was a great friend to animals as well as people, and he loved the animals he had there—Oscar the dog, Basil the goat, Tessie Lou the pig, and Valann the horse, to name a few.

Our work together had so many layers to it—there was a playfulness, alongside his deep compassion, intellectual curiosity, and the surprising intensity of his attention to the business at hand.

His incredible intellect, facility with words, thorough understanding of human nature, and very quick wit appear to have remained intact after all these years, from what I read in other people’s postings. I especially appreciated the Jeff Buckley song, “Hallelujah,” and the poems that people have shared. Please continue to share your experiences of David with us.

Thank you!!!!!
webmaven